The Institute, in embracing the changing times, has also introduced a Banking Academy Route designed for banks that have academies or intend to have one.
The Banking Academy Route provides an opportunity for staff members of banks to be trained and undergo studies to qualify as Chartered Bankers.
The Banking Academy Route is made up of four (4) models.
Banking Academy Course Structure
|BANKING SERVICES OPERATIONS AND MANAGEMENT:
1. Banking Operations
2. Retail Banking
3. Innovation in Digital Banking, Cyber Security, and Technological Risk
4. Fundamentals of Accounting for Bankers
|CUSTOMER AND RELATIONSHIP BANKING:
1. Ethics and Professionalism
2. Customer Experience and Relationship Management
3. Banking Regulations and Compliance
4. Law and Practice of Banking
|APPLIED BANKING AND FINANCE:
1. Global Market Finance and Trade
2. Treasury Management and Global Markets
3. Applied Accounting for Bankers
|CREDIT MANAGEMENT AND CORPORATE BANKING:
1. Credit Risk
2. Credit Administration
3. Corporate Banking
The courses in the Academy Route are designed to provide staff with four unique competency skills, namely:
- Operational/Technical Skill
- Technological/ Digital Skills
- Behavioral/Soft Skills
Staff who go through the Academy must write and pass assessments after each module to be exempted from Levels 1 to 3 of the Associate Charter Banker Programme.
Successful staff will then write the final level of the Associate Chartered Banker examination programme to be certified as Chartered Bankers.